The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number including mobile and/or landline;
- your marital status and/or anniversary;
- your age and/or date of birth;
- your credit card details;
- your demographic information, such as postcode;
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- to consider your employment application.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- Third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a subset of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
Please note, Urban Statistic does not collect any sensitive information in part or full from you.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide you with personal information that we hold about you.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
The following information are the terms for the use of the website and any reports, articles, products, downloadable material, and anything else accessible on the website.
If you do not agree to these terms you should cease using the website, products, and anything within the website.
The website or products may change for any reason along with these terms at any time without notice.
Any information or products within this website is intended to be general in nature and for educational purposes only. It does not take into consideration your personal situation, both in the past, present, or future including your financial position, wants and needs. Prior to any action carried out by you, you should consider your own situation and seek professional advice from a registered or licenced subject expert.
Urban Statistic aggregates data and relies upon information supplied by a number of external sources. For this reason, Urban Statistic does not guarantee its accuracy or omission at any time and excludes liability or damages for any loss in part or full by a person or entity using this website.
With regards to any damages or loss, you agree to fully indemnify Urban Statistic, employees, contractors, virtual assistants, officers, directors, agents, and partnerships.
SUPPLIED Subscription Terms
Subscription to SUPPLIED is a recurring subscription for individual users.
Billing occurs at the beginning, prior to product access, and will automatically continue until stopped by the user. The user can stop the subscription at any time, however, no risidual refund will be provided if the subscription is stopped prior to the original expiration date.
You must not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, frame, upload to a third party, post, transmit or distribute the products, product data, downloadable files, logos, and trademarks on the website including items for sale and after purchase. The information or data contained with the products you purchase remain the property of Urban Statistic. You may not share or copy the ebook available on the website.
You are permitted to share or transfer, either digitally or physically, any articles or blog posts by Urban Statistic or any employees, directors, agents, officers, and contractors.
The products available for sale are digital and intangible. Urban Statistic products are downloaded by you. Upon download refunds are not permitted as they cannot be given back or exchanged.
Refunds, repairs, or replacements are only permitted under Australian consumer law if an item is faulty or significantly not as described.
Commissions/third party payments:
Urban Statistic does not receive commissions or third party payments whatsoever.
Not all data is available for every location in Australia. Data may not be available where no sales have taken place within the reporting period, or newly established suburbs. Urban Statistic makes all reasonable effort to provide data that is available for use.
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Urban Statistic ABN
Last update: November 2019